Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 5!

Oh, what a day. I hope I'm not coming across as too whiny, but I am really doing my best to document my feelings along with the food, and today I happen to have "whiny" feelings.


I had planned out all my food last night, which was a huge help throughout the day because I had a hard one. One of my co-workers got a little confrontational today, and I am not confrontational at all, it really rattled me. Shortly afterwards I went looking for my breakfast and was thankful that I had my food with me rather than having to go out for lunch because I might not have been able to control that. But I survived today without binging, although since about mid-afternoon my energy seems to have dropped. I was feeling pretty tired and bummed by the time I got home from work, just being a long day and all.

I got pretty stressed when I saw my dad had ordered pizza for supper, given that I was eating half a left over chicken fajita and potato. I am finding it hard to be around other people's (good) food. And when my bf came over and I was eating yogurt and granola and he had leftover pizza I started feeling a little stressed as well, just because I wasn't "allowed" to have any. But I survived, and without binging nonetheless. I overate today by 2 points but that's fine because I have lots of points leftover, and my overeating consisted of toast/jam and cottage cheese.

On a side note, while leafing through a magazine today I saw an ad for yourhealthyweight.ca. This is a campaign run by milk producers to encourage people to get healthy through incorporating milk products into your dieting efforts. A key message of this campaign emphasizes healthier living rather than getting caught up in diets. Anyway, I ripped this ad out of a magazine and I have it hanging in my bathroom, I think it is helpful for me to visually see this message: "It's better to have a body in shape than to obsess about the shape of your body". I am hoping to learn this, in addition to the normal eating excerpt, I think this is a great message and is helpful for working on my obsession with being thin, in addition to dealing with binging.

That's it for tonight.

xo

*N

No comments:

Post a Comment