Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Checking In - Wednesday

Just checking in for now. I no sooner finished saying to my mom this morning how good I was feeling about myself, when now I feel so down. My mood just seems to have dropped and I'm exhausted from everything. I started getting sad/frustrated today because I am coming up on the end of my semester and want to do something fun to celebrate, perhaps go away for a few days or something but it isn't looking feasible at this point given my bf and friends are strapped for cash right now. I am not sure why this is bothering me so much but it is.

I felt the urge this afternoon, while at school, to comfort myself in a slice of pizza or donut, but thankfully snapped out of it. I packed a pretty good lunch today and am going home for dinner shortly, but I will return here after supper to study for an exam tomorrow and because I'm not sure if I can trust myself to be home this evening with such easy access to the kitchen. I am feeling stressed because of school, and sad because of lack of celebratory plans once this semester is over. But this is not a reason to binge. Binging will not take my problems away and I will feel twice as bad afterwards if I do so because I will physically feel sick. Binging will not solve my problems.

5 comments:

  1. When I can't get away and need to...I do a spa day....might be an option...it's totally something to look forward to...a massage and a mani or pedi...and a facial. SOOOOOO good :)

    I'm having a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, thats a good idea, I didn't even think of that, I got a gift certificate to one in the city that I haven't used yet, good idea!

    That's great JJ, were you travelling today? Are you following the Simply for Life? Did you meet with *B?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. Don't mind the questions at all :)

    I did meet with *B today. Was an amazing session. Of course, we're dealing with the depression and Ed...so my sessions are really focused on the source of my issues...so we didn't talk a whole lot about food...but I still feel strong and amazing!!

    I called my Dr. for the dietic referral today. No judgement...totally supportive. :)

    I'm not doing Simply For Life....I was going to start to follow it...but I think I'm going ot wait until I see a dietician myself rather than trying to figure this all out on my own.

    I hope you enjoy your spa day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great, I'm proud of you for meeting with a counsellor. I know it will be helpful, especially dealing with the source of the issue with food, I know it has been helpful for me. And good job with the doctor as well! I won't say this will be easy for you but I know this is the start of something good for you.

    ReplyDelete