Thursday, March 26, 2009

Coming Close

Ahh, what a day. A long day. I will be soo glad when school is over (11 days!). But I am still doing relatively well. I came close to surrendering today. I have certainly overeaten, according to my daily points allotment but by any other standards, likely no. I was fine through the day as I had lots of running around to do. Then came home for supper and even had a small dessert. And back to when I say I overate, it was raisins, not the end of the world and probably only a handful. I wouldn't even consider it a binge by any means, but I found myself absent mindedly looking around the kitchen for more, thankfully it wasn't there. I still feel strong but am disappointed to think that if I had found something I might have given in. But I haven't and here I sit typing, on day 11, having gone this many days without a binge! And I feel damn good!

Heading into the weekend I am going out for dinner tomorrow night with my bf but that doesn't really concern me. I have a party for a volunteer group I work with on Saturday and spent the better part of today running around shopping for that (and spending 20 minutes in the Bulk Barn didn't help me but all I bought for myself was sugar free candy). So I guess my only concerns for this weekend are the party on Saturday afternoon because we have lots of sweets for that. But I am going to be strong, if anything because I don't do anything "bad" in front of other people, so I should be able to stay in control. Kind of a lame weekend as I will be spending the better part of it researching the Westray Mine explosions as part of a paper due next week.

Wish me luck!

Hope you are doing good, drop me a line!

xo *N

7 comments:

  1. I haven't been doing well....actually, I've been doing realy bad :(

    Good luck this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey N :D I think you did great, you made it 12 days without bingeing! That is a wonderful accomplishment. I know you feel sad and negative about overeating a bit, but try not to. You kept yourself in control and that is the important part! especially while eating, that is so hard. Sounds pretty stressful with school stuff too, so kudos to you for doing so well even with that going on.

    I'm doing good now that PMS is over, day 6 today, I feel pretty good, just sad that I messed myself up during those few days from the stupid cravings! Ugh! But I'm working out every day and doing well. And it is getting a bit easier to eat breakfast.

    I totally agree with what you said in that earlier post about listening to your body and intuitive eating. That's a challenge for me too, and I keep reminding myself every day to listen to my body and do what is right for it. I really feel that I am starting to learn that.

    Well, congrats, take care! You can do it! Oh and I'm starting my blog, it's in the very small beginning stages, but it's up and running :)
    xoxo April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your so much stronger than I!! Good show girl! Right now I seem to be having severe anxiety problems and can't seem to leave my room in order to eat... you think this would be good but apparently when I DO get the chance I overeat because I don't know when I'll be able to leave my room next (aka roommates gone). It's really f-ed up I know but at the time it seems the only way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hisham, do you struggle with these issues as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunyata, I know what you mean about wanting to eat in private, away from judgement and watchful eyes, it can be stressful. I don;t have the anxiety surrounding the eating like you though, it sounds really hard. Have you tried to talk to anyone about it?

    ReplyDelete