Monday, April 13, 2009

Things Get A Little Easier

Oh what a day... nothing exciting, but without getting ahead of myself, I think I earned my 4th consecutive shiny star!

I'll be honest, around lunch time I was starting to get a little antsy... unsure about how my day might play out, as I had plans of sitting around the house for the afternoon, but my brother convinced me to head out for the afternoon, which I did. I set out to Michael's to which I browsed through there for a while but didn't really see anything that caught my eye there in terms of finding a new hobby, but that was ok. I headed over to Chapters and picked up a drink and found a book on binge eating which I sat down and read for a while (that's the beauty of Chapters, you can stay as long as you like without buying anything... hey I only have a few more months of using the poor student excuse so have to take advantage of it while I can). I forget the name of the book and only got a few chapters in, but it was basically discussing the characteristics of binge eating, who does it, etc. I'm going to head back later in the week to read some more, I am interested in the 2nd half of the book which speaks of ways to stop binging... So nothing too exciting, but before I knew it, it was 4pm and I hadn't really eaten since lunchtime, and that wasn't the end of the world.

From there I went in search of discounted Easter candy, of which I bought some for my bf that I hid in his apartment since he is out of town until tomorrow, and bought 2 cream eggs and mini eggs for myself. This was the hard part - I had them with me all afternoon, but did not intend on eating them today, I am saving those for another time... not sure when, I just don't want to miss out on those Easter staples when I feel up to enjoying them. They called out to me once I got home as I was watching tv, but I said no to them, which looking back on, I am proud of. I have however given them to my mother to guard (i.e. hide) from me until I request them. This is kind of degrading but I'm not at the point where I can trust myself yet with these treats.

I made it home and made myself some mini pizzas for supper (a low fat, tortilla "pizza", if you can call it pizza...), of which I usually eat 2. But once I had eaten the first one, I was able to listen to my body and recognize I wasn't hungry for the second one! Rather than eating it out of obligation or because it is in front of my, I wrapped it up to have for lunch tomorrow. The best part is, having a small supper allowed me to have DESSERT with NO GUILT and without OVEREATING! This is amazing! And it was so good.

So I guess looking back over the day, this was a great day, I think I made some positive steps today. However, I am slightly worried about tomorrow... I am volunteering at a luncheon for the day which is serving a 3 course lunch. My brother said not to worry about it and not to let my issues with food disrupt my day tomorrow, but I do not feel like I can handle a 3 course meal at lunch time, so unfortunately I have my own lunch, complete with healthy snacks, packed and ready to go. I hope I do not get distracted while I am there, because I'm sure it's going to be a tempting menu... but I am feeling strong and feel good about packing my own lunch. So wish me luck tomorrow, I just pray there isn't chocolate cake or something for dessert...

xo *N

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! You did well today, great job. I agree keeping busy makes a huge difference in being able to stay away from eating. I find the best way to stay on track if events come up is to PLAN in detail exactly what I will eat. Sounds like you are all set though with your lunch and stuff :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!! Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're doing ok at the luncheon! Take it one hour at a time ;)
    I still haven't heard from the eating disorder clinic, I guess they are booked up. But I'm doing good with my juice fast, it is really helping to kill the cravings and hopefully I can beat the addiction.
    Take care :)
    xoxo love April

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a great day today. Ate when I was hungry and choose mostly very good food. BUT, I'm on my way out for pub food for supper. I'm worried. But if I can stay away from the fries, I'll call it success. Here's praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! The luncheon went ok... see new post

    Good luck at the pub tonight JJ!

    ReplyDelete