Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just Checking In

It's about midday on Wednesday and I'm feeling good. I had a great conversation with my brother last night, he is just so motivating to me - he's become like my own personal cheerleader or something. He gets it.

Anyway, I woke up not feeling good this morning, in a grumpy mood, you could say - as I snapped at my boyfriend for no real reason. Then things got a little confrontational with my mother, which upset me, she has a way of getting under my skin - she knows what to say to get at me. So in spite of my grumpy/down mood right now, I am going to go out of my way today to not overeat or binge, because these times when I'm down are apparently when I become vulnerable to food. BINGING WILL NOT MAKE ME FEEL BETTER.

I'm a little worried, I'm heading out to dinner with friends this evening to celebrate us all being done school. I'm going to try and steer the dinner to a restaurant with "safe food", i.e. a place that has nutritional information available on the website so I can track calories /points *sigh*, but if not will have to do my best to choose a smart choice.

So to recap, my goals for the day:
- don't overeat or binge to compensate for my grumpy mood
- make a good choice tonight at dinner with my friends
- BINGING WILL NOT MAKE ME FEEL BETTER

xo *N

4 comments:

  1. Oh I know all too well how getting upset with family members can lead to a binge... sigh... Maybe try and do something you enjoy to get yourself in a better mood so that you can stay on track. Some exercise, a bubble bath, a facial mask, something fun might help. Or just get out and window shop sometimes I find that helps. Stay focussed! You can do it :)
    love April

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get it about your mother. Mine is the same way, always picking...almost looking for any way to get under my skin, then play the victim when I tell her to back off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, what's that about?!?! I think my problem with my mother is that we know each other so well, we know how to get at each other...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's understandable, like friends that spend too much time together? My mother is more into the emotional abuse and emotional blackmail side of things...she's very....um....unstable?

    ReplyDelete