Thursday, April 30, 2009

Feeling Down

Alright, I haven't been good about journalling lately, perhaps because I am feeling cocky (therefore don't have to write down my feelings), but am feeling vulnerable now, so here it goes.

I've had a good week, and today marks my 21st day "food sober"! But in spite of this I am feeling down, not because I binged, but because I overate today (as in exceeded my daily points target by 5 on something I didn't need). It was leftover supper that had been sitting out on the counter for a few hours and when I got home this evening was picking at the pan. It wasn't much and I wouldn't consider it a binge, it is getting me down because I have a big party weekend ahead of me, so was trying to be "good" through the week to justify some indulgences this weekend. But it wasn't in my food plan and because I ate it I am stressing out over it, it is all I'm thinking about now as I go to bed... ugh.

Heading to work tomorrow we have a birthday to celebrate, so that means ice cream cake, which I usually love but am unsure about since I do have a big weekend ahead of me... this possibly means no lunch or supper tomorrow to budget for the cake, sigh. I actually don't want to go to work because of it...

So like I said, in spite of feeling down right now, I am on day 21, which 3 weeks ago sounded impossible. I guess going into the weekend I have to remember that I do not want to sabotage myself; eating will not feel as good as I will feel putting up stars on my calendar on Monday...

2 comments:

  1. Hey! 21 days is freakin' awesome!!!! You are so amazing! I totally understand your anxiety about the cake, but you can do it! Don't let a stupid bit of frozen sugar and cream mess you up, you can do this girl :)
    I am so proud of you and totally inspired!
    best of luck and prayers for your day today :)
    xoxo April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks, that's so sweet! See my new post about the cake.

    I hope you are doing good, if I can do this, so can you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete