Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 3

Another day... another long day, and it wasn't easy but I did make it. I'm not going to lie, as I sit here typing this I want to eat, I mean I want to eat big... but I won't. I've got my brother looking out for me every time I go to the kitchen. And I just treat myself to a little something after supper which was yummy and possibly took the edge off. I found myself getting restless this afternoon so dragged my ass to the gym, which was a good distraction. So I'm heading for my 3rd shiny star, haha.

I went to church this morning but didn't necessarily feel the spiritual connection I had been hoping for, but there was no harm done in going... maybe it will take a few times to re-establish the connection I was hoping for, and hopefully OA will assist in that...

Today being Easter I didn't feel temptations like I thought I might, although there was nothing around to distract me, so I feel like this was a good day, all in all.

So I'm heading into tomorrow, I know it will be easy, the beginning of the week always is (I hope that's not too cocky!). I hope you all had a good Easter!

xo

*N

5 comments:

  1. Great job on going to the gym, I bet that felt good! And on making it through the day! That's awesome that your brother knows and understands so well at least you can talk to him about it. Best wishes for getting through the night and for tomorrow! Another shiny star ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, April! How have you been doing lately?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have done that yesterday. I was getting restless, so I went to the only store open...the drug store, and bought a lot of really bad food...and ate it all. But today is a new day, and I can get through it. I know I can!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, the drugstore... filled with convenience foods, i.e. chocolate, candy and all the other "danger foods"... but it was Easter, you have to treat yourself... I am going to buy a few discounted Easter treats today to save for when I need them. I love cream eggs and yesterday didn't feel like Easter without them. Will have to give them to someone I can trust with them, because I can't be trusted to hold onto them until I need them.

    TOday is a new day! You can do it!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh man chocolate Easter eggs...I'd forgotten all about those! I think I'll buy myself some sort of cool new flavour of chewing gum for a treat.

    JJ, N is right, you should treat yourself at Easter! It's a new day today too :) It didn't seem like Easter at all for me because we didn't do anything (too broke).

    ReplyDelete