Friday, February 6, 2009

CALL TO ACTION

I am just curious about where people are from... I have heard from several people via e-mail and through comments on the message boards. I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and am wondering if people might be interested in getting together (to be honest I'm not even sure if I'm ready to meet someone face-to-face, I do like the anonymity of the Internet, so I am just throwing it out there at this point to see where any interest might lie). I am clearly not qualified to host a "help" meeting or anything, but am just looking for support from someone who understands, or who may be interested in attending an Overeater's Anonymous Meeting with me? There are two meetings hosted in Halifax through the week and I know I previously mentioned going to one a few weeks ago but due to school commitments couldn't make it. I now know through the last two days that I can't do this alone, so am going to make a real effort to go this week, just to see what it's about.

What about joining us as we aim to take on the coming days? I hope to make 9 days without binging (surpassing my previous goal of 8 days which I met earlier in the week). JJ has committed to doing this as well, and has 1 day under her belt (congratulations!). If you are out there and would like to join our online fight, we can support each other and do this together (what is the saying, "united we stand, divided we fall?). I know we both have our own dinner plans for this evening which has us both worried about surviving the night. Join us and lets help each other.

*N

7 comments:

  1. I'm in Moncton, but travel to halifax frequently (about once a month) I also don't know if I'm ready to meet people, but if I'm feeling strong on my next trip, I'll let you know and we can decide then if we're both ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not make it through tonight. Infact, I left early b/c I ate enough to make myself feel sick. I was completly powerless tonight. I couldn't even seporate myself from him.

    Tomorrow is day one again.

    N, I hope you had a better night than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JJ, I did not make it through yesterday either :( In fact, I feel as though yesterday was rock bottom. It was very hard(see new post for details). So here I am back at "Day 1", for the third day in a row...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to meet people but I live out here in BC. I feel your pain; today is day 1 back again for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Day 1 on the east coast for me, and JJ, I believe as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so there with you! I live in halifax as well and thinking the same thoughts. We need to hook up. I don't know if I can meet face to face either, I'm super shy (mostly because of my disordered eating) but I want to get better so bad and I can't do it alone I now realize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thinking the exact same thoughts. I live in halifax and would love to talk more.

    ReplyDelete