Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Naturally Thin

Someone brought to my attention this new "Naturally Thin Movement". It is described on its website as being the "anti-diet". Here is a synopsis of what it is all about, according to their website:

Naturally Thin refers to the recovery and maintenance of a lean body
weight without traditional food restricted dieting. Naturally Thin recommends a
diet of quality real foods for weight loss and natural weight maintenance. The
use of health food supplements is up to individual discretion.

Naturally Thin recovery is not a diet but a program that teaches individuals how to eat consistently in order to normalize their eating patterns. This leads to gradual, permanent weight loss.

Recovery by the Naturally Thin principles is appropriate for anyone who suffers from the effects of traditional food restricted dieting and/or reckless eating habits; over weight and disturbed eating patterns.


While it does sound like a diet, it also sounds like part of the program works at establishing healthy eating patterns and relationships with food, which is something I know I could benefit from, as I'm sure some of you, as I've been emailing some people back and forth.

Has anyone heard of this? The books sound pretty interesting, I am adding it to my Spring Break reading list (as I don't have a lot of time for non-academic readings right now). I would love to hear your thoughts on this or anything else, please feel free to email me or post a comment on anything you see!

*N

No comments:

Post a Comment