Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 2

So I think it is safe to say I survived a second day without a binge (although anything could happen between now and when I go home, but I am optimistic). I feel different - good different - in that I am confident I can do this. Until the weekend at least when I am vulnerable to lack of structure. I am a very structured and regimented person in my day-to-day life, which I feel is what keeps me in check during the week. I think it is the freedom and lack of structure on the weekends which is what causes me to binge. I am afraid for February Break coming up next week, when I will have a week filled with opportunity to binge, although binging won't be easy since a lot has been removed from my house. But my counsellor says if an addict wants something bad enough, they will find a way to get it.

I am meeting with her tomorrow, and I need it so badly. It was two long weeks ago today that I last saw her, and I can't believe how much has happened in that time. I binged the very day I saw her, convinced I was a new me, ready to leave binging behind forever. Then I made it a straight 8 days without binging, and when I fell, I fell hard (4 day "bender" anyone?). So now I am back to taking it one day at a time. Today was a hard day, as all I thought about was food. I have a bad habit of going into the cafeteria and just looking at "what could be", or strolling through the grocery store and salivating over bakery items. A bad habit, I know, because it just encourages bad thoughts and behaviour. But in spite of this, I made it through today without over eating or binging. But all I am thinking about now is eating. But I can't. I won't. The day is almost over, I can do this.

5 comments:

  1. Good job!! I'm proud of you!!! I just woke up and feel like crap. HATE HIM. But today is a new day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! You are right, today is a new day. As strong as he is, I know together we are all stronger. Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like a f’ing hypocrite. What the hell is wrong with me. WHY can’t I just f’ing get this right. I can’t resist him. I’m so screwed up. What is wrong. Hate myself. Hate my life. Don’t want to fight this battle any more. Who am I kidding, I’m not fighting. I’m just letting him walk all over me. I don’t know what to do anymore. I can’t resist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi N and JJ, hope you're doing good. I had a good day yesterday, my first in almost a week. Today looks like a good day too. Best wishes and positive thoughts to you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not a hypocrite, this isn't easy stuff! We all know this takes a few tries, and even then it can be hard to see through, hang in there, JJ!

    Congrats April, same to you all!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete